Friday, October 29, 2010

Retailing

I have recently visited a Verizon store in Queens near Lefferts Boulevard, and after leaving I was not impressed. While the Verizon store is a specialty store and the brand itself is very popular, the customer service is not as good as the product. Upon entering the store I made several positive observations in that the store was very neat and clean and well organized, everything was easy to find. However I soon came to find the reason for this was that there were so little customers to mess anything up. As a matter of fact the store was empty accept for me and two employees who were just standing around and did not even acknowledge me in anyway. I ended up approaching them after about five minutes of just browsing around the store. I asked about my Verizon Fascinate (which I had recently purchased) and to my surprise they were very knowledgeable when it came to my phone even though they seemed disinterested. However I cannot say I was very surprised as Verizon's reputation is good product without good customer service which was reinforced in my visit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment